27 July 2005
A Book Baton
Duck! It’s the book baton! Thanks to Dave Child for whacking me in the head with it.
Number of Books on Shelf
About thirty on any given shelf. But we have lots of shelves. As far as grand total goes… Hard to say since I haven’t purchased Delicious Library yet, and haven’t put them all in one place. I’m going to just guess 450 or so. We’ve had to cut back occasionally over the years with moving around, and we make fair use of the local library.
Last book purchased
Homebrewing, Vol. 1 by Al Korzonas
Book I’m reading right now
Har har. Anybody getting this baton is not likely to be reading a book. They’re reading a few.
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince – J.K. Rowling (Anna and I are reading this aloud together. Awwww….)
- Mountain of Silence – Kyriacos C. Markides
- If You Lived Here, I’d Know Your Name – Heather Lende
- Radical Brewing – Randy Mosher
- Getting things Done – David Allen
Last 5 books read
Hm… when you’re reading five books, it’s hard to remember which ones you most recently finished. Then again, the question is, last 5 books read. Ah well, I’ll take a somewhat random sampling.
- On Writing – Stephen King
- A Walk in the Woods – Bill Bryson
- In a Sunburned Country – Bill Bryson
- Under the Banner of Heaven – Jon Krakauer
- Blue Like Jazz – Donald Miller
Books That Mean A Lot To Me
My absolute favorite book is The Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostoevsky. It’s brilliant, rich and creepy. Kind of like me, except for the rich part.
Another is Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells, by Matthew Gallatin. Yeah the title is sappy, but it’s a good book.
Others: Imagine – Steven Turner; A Severe Mercy – Sheldon Vanauken; A Prayer for Owen Meany – John Irving; John – John (you know, from the Bible)
Passing this along to…